June 11, 2018 - 2:15 pm - Posted in News

Little Rock, Iowa– A house was damaged in a fire on Saturday, June 9, 2018, in Little Rock. But the fire chief says it could have ended differently.

According to Little Rock Fire Chief Joe Schilling, about 12:30 a.m., the Little Rock Fire Department was called to the report of a house full of smoke at 126 Third Avenue in Little Rock.

The chief says the fire department saw flames coming from the front of the house as they approached the scene. He says they used water and foam to fight the fire.

Schilling says no injuries were reported.

He says the cause of the fire appeared to be electrical in nature. Chief Schilling reports that there was extensive heat and smoke damage.

The chief tells us that they were assisted by firefighters from the George Fire Department, and personnel from Little Rock EMS and the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office.

He says they used about 4,000 gallons of water to fight the fire, and crews were on scene three and a half hours.

Schilling says that this fire call is a good example of why smoke alarms are so important. He says the occupant woke up due to smoke alarms going off. He says without smoke alarms, this fire could have had a very different outcome.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 11th, 2018 at 2:15 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.