April 14, 2019 - 7:03 pm - Posted in News

Washington, DC — USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) State Executive Director Amanda De Jong announced this past week that they will allow emergency Conservation Reserve Program grazing.

Emergency grazing is approved in Iowa through May 14, 2019. Participation is limited to livestock producers who lost pasture or fences due to flooding. Interested producers must contact the FSA county office before grazing.

According to the FSA, “CRP participants can allow others to use their CRP acres under this emergency grazing authorization; however, the livestock owners will also need to complete FSA paperwork indicating their grazing land was adversely impacted by severe weather. There will be no reduction in CRP rental payments to CRP contract holders who use the emergency grazing authorization. CRP contract holders are not permitted to charge livestock producers for the emergency grazing option.”

For more information on eligible practices or to request approval for emergency grazing use of CRP acres, you can contact your local FSA office or visit www.farmers.gov/service-locator.

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 14th, 2019 at 7:03 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.