September 4, 2019 - 3:27 pm - Posted in News

Rock Rapids, Iowa — There were a few tense moments at the community daycare facility in Rock Rapids on Wednesday, September 4, 2019. All the children and staff were evacuated due to a fire alarm sounding.

According to Rock Rapids Fire Chief Ed Reck, about 9:50 a.m., the Rock Rapids Fire Department was called to the report of a fire alarm at 302 South Lincoln Street — the Rock Rapids Kids Club, on Rock Rapids’ east side.

The chief says the fire department saw nothing out of the ordinary as they approached the scene. Reck tells us that all of the daycare children and staff had been evacuated and were in their designated spot north of the facility. He says firefighters determined it was a false alarm caused by cooking.

An initial report of popping outlets was investigated. According to Reck, personnel from the Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities checked the incoming power, and a local electrician was called, but no problems were found.

He says the firefighters who responded stayed on the scene until everything could be checked over and deemed safe.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 at 3:27 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.