June 29, 2020 - 3:22 pm - Posted in News

Northwest Iowa — The Inwood fire department was paged over the weekend and was met with smoke when they arrived.

Inwood firefighters were paged to the report of smoke in a house at 112 East Madison Street in Inwood in the 10:00 a.m hour on Friday, June 26th. Fire Chief Troy Van Beek reports that they arrived to find a smoke-filled home.

After some investigation, he says they found a melted dehumidifier. He says it was only smoldering, so they didn’t need to spray any water on it. He tells us they suspect an electrical malfunction.

Van Beek says there was some smoke damage to the home, which will need to be cleaned before it is liveable again. He tells us firefighters ventilated the smoke.

No injuries were reported. Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour and a half, according to Van Beek.

 

This entry was posted on Monday, June 29th, 2020 at 3:22 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.